Thursday, January 14, 2010

Osteochondritis...

Talk about rotten luck! Last year I was all fit 'n raring to go even after breaking my nose during practice and they dropped me... This year, I'm back in the team and a bad knee forced me to play as fielder in the first match (that we won). At this point I must say that to play as a fielder after being a wicketkeeper thus far is so boring... I mean, I must've touched the ball a total of 5 times in the entire match! Barring touching it while passing it back to the bowler etc. When you keep wickets, you're in the thick of the action all the while, every single ball of the match.

"It's a tough job wicketkeeping, but I'd rather do nothing else but it." A thought I'd penned while in a pensive mood last year, but oh so true.

And now, a terrible blow - the orthopedist has diagnosed that I seem to be carrying an injury in the cartilage in my knee joint and can't play for at least 15 days. Osteochondritis, he says... Just growing old, says Tojo, our captain..!

No comments: